Why should you claim and manage your school’s profile?
Hundreds of thousands of international students are turning to InternationalStudent.com each month as the go-to resource for studying outside of their home country – and you can manage the messaging these international students are seeing when they look at your institutions profile.
As mentioned in our blog, “International Students Utilize Third Party Websites to Locate US Institutions”, research that was conducted by Noel-Levitz, OmniUpdate, CollegeWeekLive, and NRCCUA® indicates third party websites like ours are becoming increasingly important in helping students get the information they are looking for:
- Over 50% of high school Juniors and Seniors say that the web played a significant role in the evaluation of an institution
- 55% of students could not find the information they were looking for on a school’s website
- 18% of students turn to independent websites to learn about cost and financial aid
- 49% say independent websites are the best way to learn about an institution’s academic programs
How do you claim and manage your school’s profile on InternationalStudent.com?
- Click the following link to sign up as your school’s administrator: http://www.internationalstudent.com/register/admin
- Complete the School Administrator Registration form (hint: use your .edu email to ensure fast approval)
- Check your inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and click on the “verify my account” button
- Once verified, you will be prompted to log in using the email address and the password you created in step 2
- Once logged in, on the right side, there is a link for “My School Administration”. Click on that link
- Click on “Claim a School” and find and select your school from the list (note: if you do not see your school in the list, you can “Add a School”)
- Update all the fields on that page
- Pat yourself on the back because you just gave your school a free recruiting resource
Now that you have claimed your profile, you will begin to receive emails from us anytime a student is interested in you contacting them. What other free resources do you use to help you connect with and recruit international students?